The sphere of e-commerce covers all commercial and financial transactions carried out on the Internet. As the number of Internet users reaches several billion, the demand for online shopping continues to grow.
However, the catalyst was a pandemic: when the world was “locked up,” e-commerce became a lifeline for businesses and consumers. Growth continues: towards Statistician forecastrevenue from online transactions will reach $ 6.5 trillion by 2023.
However, competition grows along with profits. Let’s see what they are trends to be followed in 2022 to attract new customers and ensure your financial growth.
Numberpurchases via mobile devices could exceed 70% of the total volume of online transactions by the end of 2021. It is worth recalling that 5 years ago this share barely exceeded 50%.
That is not the limit: as soon as the representatives generation Z become full customers, the share will increase significantly.
It’s worth preparing for it now. It is not enough to customize a website a Online store on mobile devices – this trend has become obsolete for several years. You must achieve a a “smooth” shopping experience : Example: when returning from work, customers choose products via their smartphone.
Then they go home, open their laptop and order selected products with just a few clicks, without unnecessary searches.
This example is a goal to be achieved. what to do:
- Check the speed and quality of page loading on mobile devices with different screens,
- Rmake the selection and purchase process as simple and straightforward as possible,
- Ensure that mobile users are not limited in their functionality at all stages (search, sort, compare, order, pay, etc.),
- Mobile application development – it’s even better.
the developing your own application for a commercial project it will be a phased solution. It loads quickly, offers full access to features, and can even work without the Internet (to display cached goods, features, etc..)
The fight for customers is obligatory e-commerce projects offer products and services on all possible platforms. The modern customer decides where to order: on the website, on the social network or via messages. The company’s task is to ensure a presence on all channels used by the target audience.
Yes, there are additional costs: you must at least hire staff to monitor channels, work on content and communications. However, at the same time it increases the chances of make better sales.
Omnichannel technology allows you to combine consumer communication channels into one system.
Here’s what it might look like:
- The customer is looking for the product he needs. He sees a pop-up ad on the page, shows interest and fills out a feedback form,
- A representative of the site contacts the customer via WhatsApp, discusses the details and sends detailed information about the product,
- The potential buyer is interested in reviews about the company. He finds several posts on blogs and social networks where experts speak positively about the brand and its products,
- The customer wants to see the product “live”. A company representative invites him to come to the company’s showroom,
- After visiting the exhibition space, the customer orders and pays.
This is a classic example: the way of the buyer it can be shorter and less varied. However, the most important thing is that the company controls all potential channels and leads the customer to the right solution. However, it is recommended to use special CRMs to manage different channels: they not only simplify communication, but also collect statistics.
The modern buyer trusts well-known companies: manufacturers and sellers with recognizable brands. This trend has been confirmed for several years. In the context of increasing competition, company identification is important, as is work on building public loyalty.
Creating a brand is a global strategy. It includes the choice of positioning, public study, name creation and visual identity. Moreover, modern technologies make it possible to obtain visual elements in a few minutes.
For example, using a service Logasteryou can generate symbols yourself and download them as ready-to-use templates: for a website, social networks, your advertising and print materials.
The brand is trust. To earn it, you need to build effective communication, monitor and respond to the needs of the audience, work properly with negativity and participate in global social projects.
Taking into account the specifics of the modern public, you must understand that the brand on the Internet is primarily a matter of visual characteristics. It is not just about the logo, but also the presentation of the product. Interactive videos instead of static photos or augmented reality, as an opportunity to see more, will attract customers and make them more loyal.
To satisfy the modern user, you must adopt a personalized approach. The methods and tools of shopping have changed, but customers still want a kind salesperson to help them, suggest and convince them that the purchase decision is the right one. 78% of consumers they buy where they understand and appreciate them.
How to achieve this in the online space? A modern e-commerce site should have a basic set of customization tools to customize the experience of its customers. If they are not present, it is time to change the platform or develop a new site. These tools include:
- product recommendations,
- Automatic memorization of customer characteristics (for example, if he initially chose men’s clothing, he will not have to choose it again on the next visit),
- Remembering characteristics (for example, entered clothing sizes, car brands, etc.,
- Search personalization (based on data obtained from the client),
- Mail with incomplete purchase reminders,
- banners with the subject products,
- Banners that offer discounts on the reviewed product, etc.
- Offers coupons and discounts for products that the customer regularly buys,
- customizing products (creating custom sets and other options for specific needs).
personalization ideas they differ from the company and the audience. It’s worth exploring your niche and offering what customers need.
The site should be simple and clear, then the number of successful orders will increase. Obvious truth, but how to implement it?
Getting the optimal UX (user experience) requires global work. Affects the following areas:
- Navigation. Convenient design and user interface of the main page of the site, clear logic of division into categories and subcategories, logical structure of the menu.
- Search the site. Support for various search queries (product name, number, any function, including spelling mistakes), autocomplete and tips, redirection to specific pages if nothing is found.
- Filtering. Appearance and impression of the catalog, data in the review of the displayed products, logic of the filter, the possibility of comparing the characteristics in the review phase, etc.
- Product page. Convenient interface, clear structure, quality visual content, complete description, availability of basic data (characteristics, payment and delivery, discounts, etc.), convenient location of the “Add to cart” button and the possibility of buying without registration.
- Order. Convenient path from the basket to payment: minimum fields to fill in, automatic login registration, storage of the order basket after a certain time, secure data transfer, choice of different payment and delivery methods.
Replacing the call center with a voice robot is not only convenient but also saves costs. You can significantly optimize the staff of live operators, since most scenarios can be written for robotic assistants.
Modern artificial intelligence technologies are evolving: it is quite possible in the near future to get full-fledged voice consultants who will be no worse than live operators.
At this point, voice robots can receive instructions:
- Technical assistance on the most common issues,
- product offers,
- Conducting surveys,
Bots can answer and make calls, offer products and interview customers themselves. In the case of technical support, it is necessary to provide for the possibility of switching to a live operator: otherwise the user who did not receive a quality response will leave.
Virtual and augmented reality
According to ABI Research analysts, more than 120,000 online stores will use AR to attract customer attention and improve the user experience in 2022. Some companies are already successfully implementing these technologies.
For example, in the spring Amazon opened a hair salon where you can try a hairstyle or a new hair color using AR. Stores offer an estimate of how purchased furniture will fit into your interior.
Another idea is to be able to see if large devices will fit in the space prepared for them. This is a promising niche and many valuable ideas can be implemented here.
E-commerce trends for 2022 relate to improving the user experience and increasing brand loyalty. Businesses today need to implement end-to-end solutions to take full advantage of growing online sales.