1. Take care of CTA (Call-To-Action)
You need to think about the central element of your product page: the CTA or in other words the call to action button. The most commonly used CTA is: Add to cart. Many e-commerce websites now offer several types of calls to action: Add to favorites, Download at the store… It also offers other options to users and can help increase conversions in the short or medium term.
Tips for an effective CTA:
- Set a visible CTA as soon as a visitor comes to the product list, you should not scroll down to find this CTA, which is a key element for your conversions.
- Choose one CTA color that will catch your eye at first glance.
- Remember to apply a large enough font size and text color that is easy to read for visitors.
2. Consider the title of the product list
Your article must be easy to identify, but also search engine (SEO). Choose the title that best suits your product (name, brand, color, etc.), while carefully considering the main keywords you will insert to optimize your natural referencing. Remember to make this title visible on your product list so visitors can instantly recognize what it’s all about.
3. Show a clear price
Like the CTA, the price of the product must be clearly displayed and visible from the top of the product list. It is also a good idea to provide information on the different delivery methods and prices offered so that the visitor can quickly estimate the total cost of their purchase.
4. Work on a textual description of your products
Visitors will be able to get additional information about the product and this will reassure them and encourage them to buy. Do not forget to describe the product from A to Z (size, material, colors…), offer a size guide or user manual if necessary. To help visitors and make information clearer, use bulleted lists instead of large descriptive paragraphs.
5. Suggest images that allow clear visualization of the product
Very important: the visual appearance of the product. It is important to offer several visuals that allow visitors to see the product from multiple angles and to project on size and volume. You will also need to make sure your visuals are of good quality (no fake photos from image banks, etc.) because internet users can’t see the product in real life, so you have to make them want to buy the product through realistic and authentic photos. Plus: offer a video about the product. Consumers are increasingly appreciating the ability to watch products on video and this can contribute to basket validation.
6. Add reinsurance items to the product list
There are essential elements that convince visitors of your e-commerce website. It is relevant to show on the sheets of your products:
- Terms of payment,
- transaction security,
- delivery methods,
- Estimated delivery date,
- Product information (stocks, sizes, colors, etc.),
- origin of products,
- customer reviews,
- Your return policy …
7. Add messages to create a sense of urgency
You can place certain messages on your product sheets to create a sense of “urgency to buy” for visitors (no abuse, avoid misleading messages). Some examples: display of available stock (number of remaining items), indication of the number of people watching this product in real time, expiration of the deadline for promotion applied to the product, etc.
8. Make sure your product page is mobile-friendly
Don’t miss conversions on mobile devices! To do this, make sure that your product sheets are optimized for mobile search and that all items are easily accessible and clickable (CTA, product description, customer reviews, etc.). It is important that visitors can order on a mobile device as easily as on a desktop.
9. Offer complementary products at the bottom of the page
If the visitor does not like the product, consider suggesting products similar to the one he advises. This technique is called cross-selling. This allows visitors to stay on your website longer because they will consult other products they are likely to like, thus multiplying your shopping opportunities.
10. Optimize SEO for your product sheets
“It may be a detail for you, but it means a lot to Google.” You will also need to think about SEO optimizing your product sheets to be better positioned in search engine results and get more traffic. Here are some tips to help you:
- Work on your tags: make sure they are well filled with the main keywords (title, meta description, alternative texts for images),
- Create a unique product description: don’t forget to structure the description with titles (h1, h2, h3, etc.) and add keywords to answer potential queries from Internet users. In particular, you can rely on the keyword research tools used by SEO experts.
- Perform technical optimizations: consider improving page change time by relying on web performance tools and also make sure the file is well indexed by search engines, via the Google Search Console.