Over 2 billion people use social networks. How to get their attention?
Social media has become indispensable when it comes to marketing your brand and product – after all, it is where people communicate the most with each other. According to a study fromeMarketer, 71% of internet users are present on social networks at least once a month. That represents approximately 2.46 billion people. Yes, we are talking about billions, with a big “M.” Another significant statistic: 89% of respondents said they use Facebook several times a week or more, and 81% said the same for Facebook. ‘Instagram, according to research AudienceProject.
Social networks are a great way to attract new customers, but they are difficult to sort through this stream of internet users. To create posts on social media that drive results, the first step is to improve your content to make it more appealing. Here are some important tips to help you create interesting content that people are likely to click on.
Improve your content
Content that works on social media includes 2 elements: visual and accompanying text. Good pictures or videos greatly increase the engagement and attention of potential customers in relation to your brand. This also helps prevent your viewers from quickly skipping your post and missing the message you want to convey to them.
Here are some tips to help you:
- Make your publications a work of art! You don’t have to be a photographer to get great photos. Many websites love it pinterest or He can gothey give you great pictures, many of which are free.
- Avoid images with too much text. Did you know that Facebook takes this into account when approving posts? Indeed, the social network has found that images with less than 20% of the text are more efficient.
- Use more photos with faces. Images with real people get more engagement on social media, especially Instagram, and can humanize your brand. So put on your best smile and say “cheese”!
- Make more videos! With the advent of more and more capable cameras on smartphones, it has never been easier to record great quality videos. Facebook’s algorithm gives it priority and it can be a fun way to present your products. In addition, as live streaming has become more popular, consumer expectations of online video have changed.
- Make sure your post format is mobile-friendly. If you’ve worked hard to create great images or videos for your social media posts, make sure they look great on mobile devices as well. Almost 3/4 of the world’s population uses a mobile phone. And more than 80% of the time spent on social media is on a mobile device.
- Be inspired. Make a list of brands whose images you like on social media and check them from time to time. Visuals can help convey emotions, but a good post can help consumers take action!
- Have a strong “call to action”. Don’t make customers guess what you want to convey to them, invite them directly to take action. And make it clear where the click will send them!
- Tell them “why”. Consumers are bombarded with advertisements and products. So you need to convince them that your products are what they are looking for really. Make sure your post tells them why they need you.
about the author
Amaury de Larauze, co-founder of Kilibe.